Stop counting down the events in your life. Slow it down and take this mortal existence one day at a time. Enjoy the small moments that have always made you smile and remind others to do the same.

Monday, July 15, 2013

One week to rule them all...

I thought I would update you all on the goings of my semester...you know, now that I have 8 days left of it. 
Many things are making me laugh these days.  
I wish that meant I had a great sense of humor, 
but I think I should attribute that to lack of unconsciousness.  
That beautiful blissful thing called sleep.
Sleep is like that friend that always comes over at 
all the wrong times.  Like, the middle of the day 
when you should be busy with homework, or 3 in the morning
when you'd rather not have company come knocking. 

My Monday/Start of finals went a little something like this:
Woke up 15 minutes before class started.
Got there on time!
Jessie 1, Monday 0!

Asked a guy in my class 'How was the test?'
Last test was 2 weeks ago, next one is in 3 days.
Jessie 1, Monday 1.

Left a class and told my friend 'Have a great weekend!'
...it's only MONDAY!!
Jessie 1, Monday 2.

Got all my homework done for Monday on Saturday (take THAT, Monday!).
Halfway through the day I realized I had 3 projects due tomorrow.
...this is when I just let Monday have the win for once.  

My day definitely turned around after attending my last class where we read this talk 
by Howard W. Hunter who was the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the time of the address.

"Despair, Doom, and Discouragement are not acceptable views of life for a Latter-day Saint. However high on the charts they are on the hit parade of contemporary news, we must not walk on our lower lip every time a few difficult moments happen to confront us."

Later in the talk he also said:
"Contrary to what some might say, you have every reason in this world to be happy and to be optimistic and to be confident. Every generation since time began has had some things to overcome and some problems to work out. Furthermore, every individual person has a particular set of challenges which sometimes seem to be earmarked for us individually. We understood that in our premortal existence."

How about that, huh? We all have the right to be happy.
I'm choosing to be happy about the small things today.
I passed 2 tests today.
I'm going home in 9 days.
I'm going to the lake tomorrow night.
I got to talk to Dani last night.
I'm going rock climbing this Thursday.
I went bridge jumping with my cousin and two friends yesterday. 
I have been blessed with some of the best friends I could have asked for this year.
Tomorrow is another day to do better.

 “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. …
“And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.” (Deut. 31:6, 8.)

No comments :

Post a Comment